We have been healthy and enjoying life. Annabelle is in remission, and has been off of her steroids for three months without relapsing. This is good news and hopefully means we are heading toward a permanent remission. However, she could back slide with an illness which would then go away when the illness is over. Or, she could relapse which would need further medication or treatments. OR --- our hope ---- she could breeze through without any sign of symptoms recurring. We won't know until the first illness comes.
Here is where the prayer request comes in. We just returned from vacation in UT and were around many family members. No one (of 34 people) was sick the whole week (praise God!!). However, Mary woke up this morning with a sore throat -we all are a bit sneezy and sniffly coming back to the pollen in OH. So, with no fever I didn't really get too concerned. But, tonight she started to run a low grade temp and I whisked her off to the Minute Clinic at CVS. The Lord prompts us at just the right time - we arrived 20 minutes before they closed with no wait! Anyway, she tested positive for strep throat. She has never had strep and we have been so careful to wash hands, but alas God is in control. So, I came home and put a mask on Mary and together we wiped down everything she could remember touching and spraying places she sneezed. I know God is good and will get us through each scary moment as He has so far.... it is just the unknown I don't like. If you wouldn't mind saying a little prayer of protection for the rest of us we would greatly appreciate it. We are thankful to you all.