Friday, February 22, 2008

One of our best days in 7 weeks!

Annabelle seemed to not mind the low sodium hospital food:)



















Aunt Kathy having morning Bible time with the kids.



The IVIG infusions went well on Monday and Tuesday, and we came home late Tues. eve. Thanks for the meal Heather; we ate it at eight o'clock. Well, I have to say with a sense of relief and sadness that yesterday was the most normal day we have had in a long time. I say relief because we are seeing a definite improvement in her symptoms. I say sadness because I didn't realize how debilitating this OMS has been to her until I realized that yesterday was the first day that she walked off by herself and wanted to play with a doll and push her stroller. It was shocking to realize that she hadn't been playing for most of the past seven weeks. She is still fussier than usual, but she is walking by herself. She is a little unsteady, but she doesn't need her helmet or me with her every second. Her eye movements are improving, and she is more verbal than 2 weeks ago. She never quit talking like some kids with OMS do, but she is now showing an increase in vocabulary and doesn't require the coaxing to repeat words that she once did. These are all praises. Please pray for continued healing for her and wisdom for us as we care for her.

On another note... My sister Kathy left yesterday after being here for a week. It was a blessing to have her extra set of hands. I'd love to have kept her, but her husband and big boys need to eat too! Thanks for coming to help us out. My girls had a ton of fun playing with two of their cousins. Having them here was a great distraction from all that has been going on around here. Many of you have asked how the girls are doing, and over all I'd say remarkably well. The prayers surrounding us are making a difference. I'm sure there will be difficult days and moments ahead, but so far they are trying to care for and protect their little sissy. I am including some pictures of the girls with their cousins and aunt.

Finally, while walking the halls with Annabelle on Mon., one of the nurses recognized us from the week before and said that the young guy and his mother were very touched by the Bible and note we gave them. We praise the Lord for this little bit of feedback we received. Please pray for them too. Thank you.

No comments: