Friday, May 9, 2008

Teacher Appreciation Week




Today, the women's ministry at my church delivered adorable cookie bouquets to teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week. They even delivered them to homeschool teachers! My bouquet had a tag that read:

"Thank you for following God's leading, and for all you put into your children each day!
"Let us not become weary in doing good..." Gal. 6:9

One of my loving students piped up and said, "Why are they giving you one? You're not a teacher." After I rearranged her teeth and she cried a bit ;), I gently explained that I AM a teacher even though my degree isn't in elementary ed. You see, I can even think sometimes that because I don't hold a degree in education that I am not a teacher. But when I became a mother, I became a teacher. And when my children were old enough, we added academics. Do I have great methods or delivery? Do they always get what I'm saying? Do they perfectly obey or get along? No, No and No. As I thought about being a "teacher" today, it humbled me to think that God has given me this responsibility and privilege. I don't feel very qualified or deserving, but I love to make an effort, pray for the outcome, and watch the Lord bless.

Thanks to the Maranatha Women's Ministry for the cookies and the reminder of Gal. 6:9! My "students" and I enjoyed the treat.

No comments: